Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: Hard base with snow but thin
Date of Report: January 4, 2018
ALL SNOWMOBILE TRAILS ARE OPEN
FAIR TO POOR EARLY RIDING CONDITION
Overcast morning with 4 for a high today. 70% chance of SNOW Saturday night into Sunday Morning. Trails can really use some fresh SNOW. So Do the Snow Dance! No grooming last night into this morning.
- On the Sno-Eagles Trail Map what was Alt13 or 13a is now Trail 3. That is it’s new number. This is the trail heading south to Three Lakes
- On Trail 1N there is logging in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake Trail
- 10W/13N aka Wisconsin River Trail while it is groomed it is still rough & even icy in spots. Slow down in there
- 3N aka Manske Swamp is also groomed but rough so slow down there too.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are now both marked and officially open. Please stay by the barrels to be safe. Reminder the Catfish Lake Loop to Lumpy’s is NO LONGER a trail.
If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check the progress of the building of the ICE CASTLE!!!! When complete it will be along side the trail where it runs by the Historic Railroad Grade. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check on progress if you aren’t up here!
Keep Dancin! The trails really need more SNOW!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
January – Every Wednesday & Thursday – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Guided Trail Ride today at 9am!!!!
- 9 – Board of Directors Meeting – International Snowmobile Hall of Fame
- 12-14 – Vintage Snowmobile Races at the Derby Track
- 18 – Member meeting – Eagle River Inn
- 18-21 – World Championship Snowmobile Derby
- 27 – Saturday Night Out – Nutty Squirrel
- 1/31-2/2 – Week Day Ride-Away
The 2018 Sno-Eagles Club Membership snowmobile trip is planned for Wed., Jan. 31 to Fri. Feb. 2. (with a possible extension to Montreal, WI on Fri., Sat. and Sun. if there is interest). We are re-scheduling the trip that was melted out last year. Destination: Konteka Black Bear Resort, White Pine, MI. This is a small resort with a bar & bowling alley. It’s about a 100 mile ride from Eagle River. Mark your calendars now for this fun event. This is a 3 day snowmobile ride (or drive) to a destination for fun, friendship, and lots of silliness with fellow Sno-Eagles members. Event Chairs, Marv & Carol Radloff have reserved all of the rooms at the Resort for SnoEagles. Call 906-885-5170 to reserve your room. Do it soon before all the rooms have been spoken for. The final date to reserve under the room block is January 6, 2018. After that you are at the whim of other sledders. WHEN THEY’RE GONE – THEY’RE GONE. Call Carol at 715-479-5153 for more details.
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30