Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - most areas have a loose snow cover
Date of Report: January 30, 2017
Trails Fair Condition
The WI River Bridge portion of Trails 10W/13N is CLOSED. Due to high water from the dam. It is FENCED/GATED. DO NOT GO AROUND THE BARRIERS.
Extreme Danger beyond the barriers.
All trails were groomed last night with the exception of the WI River Bridge portion of Trails 10W/13N. Still wet out there.
Temps dropped again last night so the trails are hard, smooth & icy. About an inch of snow on average in Eagle River area on top. Looks like a bit more east of Eagle River. 5 degrees at 7:30am with a high of 21 and low of 14 today. Light snow Tuesday & Wednesday. No totals. Stay tuned. It will be teens or single digits at night all week.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels.
No problem areas to report except that under the snow it is icy so it is slippery. Slow down on straight aways & corners.
If you are riding keep the Emergency 3 Digit Numbers in mind. If you need assistance with an emergency call 911 & give them the most recent number you saw. This helps dispatch pin point your location.
Time to THINK COLD! And start Doin’ The Snow Dance!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month